Sunday, December 13, 2009

Goal #4 - Baking Goodies For Christmas - Chex Muddy Buddies

Well goal #3 didn't get done. Now I'm on goal #4, and my goal is to make some yummy goodies to put in these adorable gift boxes I bought last week. They look like mailboxes with a Christmas design on them. They even have a movable flag on it. Really nice and good size! So I bought 4 of them, they were only $4 a piece, not to bad, and I figured I can stuff 4 quart size ziplock baggies in them. So I'm going to have to make 4 different goodies. What is it with 4? This is my 4th goal, I bought 4 boxes to give to which holds 4 baggies & that cost $4, huh, that's pretty funny. Anyway the first thing I'm going to make and I have to state, I've never made before, but sister-in-law made them for me last year and they were yummy. What were they, well a very simple recipe that you can find on any box of Rice Chex , they're called Chex Muddy Buddies, and they are sooo good!

Here are the ingredients that you'll need:


9 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar

1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside

2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter & butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla.


Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.


Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag

3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated.


Spread on waxed paper ( I used aluminum foil) to cool.
Store in airtight container in refrigerator.




Well, I've completed 1/4 of my goal...I'll be working on the other yummy goodies soon.







1 comment: