Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My 1st Goal - Day 9 & 10

MY 1ST COMPLETED GOAL!!!

I have to sadly report, I missed day 9. I forgot to stir the mix. But it's ok, I did stir it today and made my first ever Amish Friendship Bread! First I separated it so I can share the starter with my friends. Then I continued with the recipe, which is...

1 c. Amish friendship bread starter
2/3 c. oil
3 eggs
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. sugar

In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Bake in 2 well greased and sugared 9"x5" bread pans. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Additions (one or more to taste)1/2 cup)- Raisins, apple (chopped), crushed pineapple(drained), candied fruit, coconut, dates(chopped), nuts and/or chocolate chips may be added to batter before baking.



Then I mixed it together



I added mashed banana's and chocolate chips into it



Poured it into my pans



45 minutes later...

Yummy




No comments:

Post a Comment