Sunday, June 28, 2009

My 1st Goal - Day 1

Today is the first day to beat my underachieving way of life. My first goal is pretty simple, or in my mind I think it will be. I'm going to have to commit to a daily agenda. I'm making an Amish Friendship Bread Starter. This is a 10 day cycle of adding ingredients and stirring. Should be pretty simple.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
3 cups milk


Directions
On Day 1: In glass or plastic bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and 1 cup milk. Stir mixture with wooden or plastic spoon (don't use metal spoon or electric mixer). Cover bowl loosely with paper towel, cloth, wax paper or plastic wrap. Keep at room temperature (don't refrigerate).

On Days 2, 3 and 4: Using wooden or plastic spoon, stir mixture once each day.

On Day 5: Add 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and 1 cup milk; stir.

On Days 6, 7, 8 and 9: Using wooden or plastic spoon, stir mixture once each day.

On Day 10: Add 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and 1 cup milk. Remove 3 cups of mixture and give 1 cup each to three friends. Save remaining starter for yourself.


I've just completed Day 1 of the Amish Bread Starter!







No comments:

Post a Comment